Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Love Never Fails

I know I just wrote a blog about 2 minutes ago, but this came to my mind.

Until recently, I had never experienced the hurt and pain caused from a failed marriage. It all began when I found out that my brother and sister-in-law, who I loved like a real sister, were getting a divorce. I remember being so angry and hurt that she would leave me and frustrated that they couldn't work things out. From there, I saw so many people giving up on their marriage. The world basically tells us to run when it gets too hard.

Then, the other day, I was watching Dr. Phil, and it was an episode titled, "My Mate Isn't Good Enough." I watched these people complain about how their significant other isn't attractive anymore or they are embarrassed to be seen with them in public. I kept thinking to myself that these people are so superficial. The sad thing is that people really think this way. Last week, we found out that Teaven's brother is getting a divorce. Apparently, his wife said she wasn't attracted to him anymore so that was enough reason to run out on a marriage. Then, this morning I heard this lady talking on the Today Show about a book she wrote about marriage. She said that most people would cheat on their spouse if no one found out. She continued to say that NO marriage will stay blissful, and only 60% of married couples say their marriage is semi-happy. What the heck?

With society the way it is, it's hard not to be a little scared about the future. I had my little freak out moment a couple of days ago where I realized that I am marrying Teaven and this is a true lifetime commitment. I won't have any privacy anymore. I won't be able to sneak a bowl of cereal before I go to bed without him knowing. I never want anything to hurt our marriage so bad that I feel like running. I know the honeymoon phase will end, and I know there are challenges to come. But I also know that we are going to defy the world's view of marriage. I never want to lose my passion and love for Teaven. People need to realize that marriage isn't just about attraction.

With Christ at the center, we will have a happy, blissful marriage. Come what may, my love will not waiver.

No comments:

Post a Comment