Monday, June 6, 2011

Refocus

Fans. Check.
Tags. Check.
Candy Bags. Check.

12 days. Well, actually it's 11 days and 21 hours.

I know that all I've talked about lately is the wedding, but that has been my life lately.
I've marked so many things off my to-do list, and I'm so proud of myself.

I've been realizing how easy it is to let my time with God be minimized in order to get everything done, and I really need to work on that. I am so focused on not forgetting something, but in all reality I'm forgetting the most important thing, the one thing that will carry me through this marriage.

I need to refocus and take a deeper look into myself as I prepare for this huge step. It's not just a party that I'm planning; it's the beginning of my future. A commitment to another person that I will never leave him, no matter how rocky the road gets. Thank God I've got a Savior whose grace never runs out.

Tomorrow is my refocus day, so that I may not forget what life is really about. It's not about fans or tags or candy. It's about furthering his kingdom, through my marriage and through my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment