Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Reminiscing

As I was working on tying 120 tags on 120 mason jars today, a song came to mind that I haven't thought about in a long time. I used to listen to this song over and over again, dreaming about the day that it would actually be true.

I've been waiting all my life for this morning
Just to wake up next to you holding me
And your head is resting gently on my shoulder
Like you're whispering to me
I'm in love with you
I'm in love with you
So glad I found you, I'm in love with you.

And suddenly the realization set in... My dreams are coming true. In 12 short days, I will be able to wake up next to my best friend.

No more sleeping alone at night.
No more being alone. ever.

I. am. so. happy.

Sometimes I can be a very negative person. Those of us who have been through Be Transformedknow exactly what I am talking about. It's just so easy for me to remember the bad times and to focus on negative aspects of life rather than the positive. However, as that one day draws closer, I can't help but feel giddy with excitement.

I've been dreaming of this day in specific since my freshman year of college. Sure, I was like every little girl who dreamed about getting married, but since my first year of college, I have dreamed about marrying Teaven. Those of you who knew me during that time were probably completely used to the phrase, "I just want to get married." Well, folks, here it is. In 11 short days, that dream will be coming true. I'm finally getting married.

I've been going through some old pictures of Teaven and I to use at the wedding, so I thought it'd be fun to post some on here.



This was one of our very first pictures together before we started dating.
Teaven's senior prom.
Summer of '06... Summer Fun with the youth group.








All of those are from our first year of dating. My senior year of high school, and Teaven's freshman year at UMHB.


Love is joy and love is pain
It's kissing in the rain
It's doing dishes when it's late,
Isn't it, baby?
It's the art of compromise
It's hellos and long goodbyes
It's the picture of our lives
Isn't it crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment